MakeAbility aims to be an open and welcoming community where makers of all types are able to share their ideas and opinions. As such, we are committed to making commenting on our site a harassment-free experience for everyone.
We invite all those who participate in MakeAbility to help us create safe and positive community for everyone. Examples of behaviour that contributes to creating such an environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Attempting collaboration before conflict
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
Examples of unacceptable behaviour by participants include:
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment, threats of violence or intimidation
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Excessive self-promotion
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
Moderators are responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behaviour and are expected to take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any instances of unacceptable behaviour.
Moderators may remove, edit, or reject comments that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct without warning. They may also ban temporarily or permanently any contributor for behaviours that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behaviour may be reported by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the Contributor Covenant, version 1.4, available at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/1/4/code-of-conduct.html